Welcome to School Food Service!
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand.
The School Food Service Program is made up of a team of food service professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well-being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of delicious, affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
Our Mission: We seek to promote good health by providing fresh quality and nutrient- dense food to all students. We aim to provide a service that is affordable to all while generating viable revenue through a sustainable business model.
We strive to increase participants’ awareness of food in the program by encouraging them to think of these questions every time they dine in our cafés.
- What are we eating?
- Where did it come from?
- How did it get to their plates?
Public Schools of Brookline Cafés are one on the largest classrooms in the district and we are committed to do our part in helping to shape the minds of future earth stewards.
Our Service: We serve breakfast and lunch at all schools in the district:
Brookline High School, Old Lincoln School, Baker, Coolidge Corner, Driscoll, Heath, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pierce, and Runkle. We cook food on site in each school kitchen.
Our Food: As part of the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program, we follow guidelines set by the USDA; regulating what qualifies as a healthy breakfast and lunch. We cook meals from scratch, using real food, and we are continually looking for ways to improve our school meals.
Annual News Release – Public Announcement
Children need healthy meals to learn. Public Schools of Brookline offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $2.00; lunch costs $3.80 at Brookline High School and $3.55 at the K-8 schools. Children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch.
Who can get free or reduced price meals?
- All children in households receiving benefits from MA SNAP, MA TANF and FDPIR are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart. Please complete a free and reduced application.
Should I Fill Out An Application If I Received A Letter This School Year Saying My Children Are Already Approved For Free Meals?
No, but please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Joanne Conneely, Brookline Public Schools, 333 Washington St, 5th Floor, Brookline MA 02445 or call 617-730-2415, email email@example.com immediately.
Do I Need To Fill Out An Application For Each Child?
No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Joanne Conneely Brookline Public Schools, 333 Washington St 5th Floor, Brookline MA 02445, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications may also be turned into the school your student attends. If you have questions regarding the Free and Reduced Lunch Program please contact Joanne Conneely at the email above or call 617-730-2415.
Families can apply for Free and Reduced Priced Breakfast and Lunch by one of the following methods:
- The full packet of Free and Reduced Lunch information and application can be found on the Brookline Public Schools website https://www.brookline.k12.ma.us/
- Requests for information and an application can be emailed to email@example.com or phone 617-730- 2415.
- All Brookline school building main offices have copies of the Free & Reduced Application.
Join Our Food Service Team!
Looking for a Part-Time or On-Call job that allows you to be at home when your family needs you there? Join our team in a School Cafeteria.
To apply for one of our open positions, please visit our District Employment Opportunities Page!