Brookline Food Services
Pickup for Thanksgiving Break Remote Meals
If you placed an order for holiday meals, pick up will be on Wednesday November 25 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm. (There will be no evening pick up on Wednesday or Friday.)
Children will receive four days worth of breakfasts and holiday-themed lunches for break. There will be no extra meals at pick up sites.
Holiday Remote Meal Pick-Up Schedule
|Holiday||Holiday Date||Alternate Pick-Up Date|
|Indigenous People's Day||Monday, October 12||Tuesday, October 13|
|Professional Development Day||Monday, October 19||Tuesday, October 20|
|Veterans Day||Wednesday, November 11||Thursday, November 12|
Must order in advance
November 26 - 27
Wednesday November 25
School Meals in the Hybrid Model
First of all, THANK YOU for your patience as we try to navigate how to deliver meals to students that are physically in school full time, cohort A, cohort B and for Remote Learning Academy.
As you can imagine, the various learning scenarios and having to package every meal has added a lot of operational complexity. We know that there have been bumps in the road, but we are working hard to make improvements every week.
Also, Please note the following points, which are true regardless of your family’s learning scenario:
- Breakfast and lunch are available FREE for all students in Brookline Public Schools for this entire school year.
- You must register on LINQ in order to select meals for when your student is physically in school.
- Cohort A must order a full week’s worth of menu by Monday of the same week to be picked up on their way home on Tuesday.
- Cohort B must order meals by noon on Thursdays from the following week’s menu to be picked up on Friday on their way home for the weekend, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays meal meal.
- Meal pickup for remote learning days can be done at your schools designated pickup location (for cohorts A/B in hybrid) OR at any of the remote meal pickup locations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (for Remote Learning Academy or cohorts A/B in hybrid)
Choose the appropriate link that will provide specific information for getting meals for your student.
Remote Meals Pickup Times and Sites
In-Person Students are able to order their meals in advance online! There will be plenty of breakfasts and various lunches in each school daily, delivered to classrooms.
Remote Students will be able to pick up multiple meals after school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (and Tuesdays when Monday is a holiday)
|Location||Pick-up Time||Pick Up Type|
Brookline High School
|115 Greenough Street||5:00 - 6:00 pm||Pick Up Site|
50 School Street
|5:00 - 6:00 pm||
Pick Up Site
BHA High Street Veterans
|30 New Terrace Road||3:30 - 3:45 pm||Mobile|
BHA 22 High Street
|22 High Street||3:50 - 4:15 pm||Mobile|
|55R Egmont Street||4:25 - 4:35 pm||Mobile|
| Front entrance
205 Beverly Rd
|5:00 - 6:00 pm||Mobile|
|Stedman Street entrance||5:00 - 6:00 pm||Mobile|
USDA announces waiver extension of FREE MEALS for All Students
Parents do not need to apply to receive free meals. Through June 30, free breakfast and lunch will be available to ALL STUDENTS 18 years and younger, regardless of meal eligibility. We encourage EVERYONE to participate!! (Please note that in order to receive other kinds of assistance, families will still need to submit a "Free and Reduced Meal Application", see link to application below.)
Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
In response to the global pandemic, it is now safer and easier to apply for school meals through our new, contact-less online Free and Reduced Price Meal Application.
Please note that the USDA has decided to continue to offer free meals to all students through December, regardless if a family is participating in the "Free and Reduced Price Meal" program or not. However, it is important to submit an application (see steps below), especially if parents need other kinds of assistance. In addition, we do not know if the USDA will continue the waiver through the entire school year.
Your online application will be sent from a secure website directly to The Public Schools of Brookline in a safe and efficient way. We will provide paper applications if necessary, however, we encourage you to use the online application if possible, for everyone’s well-being.
- To apply, simply go to LunchApplication.com and click “Apply Now”!
- You will be required to provide your child's Student Identification Number, which can be found in the Parent Portal.
- If you are having technical problems with the application, use the help link on LunchApplication.com. Any other questions feel free to contact us at Food Services (617.730.2499).